FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Action limitations? An exercise in buzz minutia.

I've created a short and long version of my question in the interest of quick answers vs. heavily detailed responses. I appreciate any resp…

Started by Jeremy Borkat in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 21, 2010
Reply by Ron Frazier

Les Paul mortise and tenon jig

I am in the middle of a les paul build and was wondering if anybody has built a mortise and tenon jig. I need it to be spot on because I am…

Started by Scott Pike in Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers

0 Feb 20, 2010

Reverse Gear Slot Head Tuners for Maurer Restoration

I'm in process on this really nice Maurer Concert model from the thirties that came to me with changed tuners that rotated the wrong way. I…

Started by Eric Steven Johansen in Luthier Talk

15 Feb 19, 2010
Reply by Paul Hostetter

I WANT TO CRY

THIS CALL I JUST GOT I WAS THE LUCKY GUY A FEW DAYS AGO WHO WAS ABLE TO VIEW A 1948 GIBSON ACOUSTIC ALL ORIGINAL THE GUY JUST LEFT ME A MES…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

2 Feb 18, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Neck reset 1962 Gretsch 6120 question

Hi everyone!Does anyone have any experience taking the neck off of one of these guitars?  There was a bolt behind a black plastic circle on…

Started by Ted Kritikos in Luthier Talk

3 Feb 18, 2010
Reply by Mark A. Kane

Small nick repair

I have a small nick (about 1/8" long, 1/16"wide) through the finish on my otherwise pristine tope of my acoustic guitar. It goes through to…

Started by Alan Cangemi in Luthier Talk

8 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

STRING REPLACEMENT QUESTION

I'm somewhat inexperienced at replacing strings and would appreciate some help. I have a set of  Daddario EJ45C classical guitar strings. T…

Started by Scott Stambaugh in Luthier Talk

11 Feb 16, 2010
Reply by Scott Stambaugh

Opinions about sanding station

I'm contemplating buying the Luthiers friend sanding station from StuMac, and I wondered if anybody here uses one, and if they're as good a…

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

15 Feb 15, 2010
Reply by Grahame Myers

small guitar shop CNC?

I am looking to get some feedback from my fellow guitar builders that are using some of the new small linear type CNC machines for neck and…

Started by Bill Asher in Luthier Talk

10 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Jay Gordon

Bending mahogany

I've built 4 guitars now but all have had rosewood sides.  Is there anything special I should know about mahogany?  How long should I soak…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

4 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Jay Gordon

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service