FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,230)

Featured Discussions

NEW MEMBERSHIP DENIED?

Lately there has been a daily barrage of obvious spammers applying for membership here at FRETS.NET. Some time ago, I added those simple q…

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Searching the Forum. . .

Took a little while, but the Search function has been restored - thanks for  your patience!

Started by Frank FordLatest Reply

Neck Re-Set Gallery

Hi All,  I've had a few neck re-sets through the workshop recently (lucky me). I always take a photo of the join once it's apart in case I…

Started by MrGlynLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Awkward crack

Hi, guys. Hope you're all busy! On the bench, I have this J45 with a long crack. On the inside, you can see a section of the kerfing has al…

Started by Keith Somerville

15 on Friday
Reply by Taffy Evans

Gretsch Anniversary neck reset

Hi friends , Ive been asked to quote a reset on an old Gretsch anniversary , its old with binding decomposing , are these guitars straight-…

Started by Len Biglin

2 on Friday
Reply by Len Biglin

Glue for ivory binding

I have some ivory from an old piano, want to experiment with using it to bind an ash bodied guitar. Has anyone experimented with different…

Started by Mike Cornwall

7 Apr 6
Reply by Russell Vance

MARTIN SIGMA GUITARS

Is a sigma DR2  (made in Korea) worth messing around with ? I received this as a gift. The guitar it's self is in almost brand new condi…

Started by John Beren

3 Mar 31
Reply by Allan Bacon

Oval sound hole needs pickup .

Hi friends , Does anyone know of a sound hole pickup that would fit an oval hole 4 3/4" wide ? 120mm .

Started by Len Biglin

1 Mar 31
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

What to Build with an 18" set of Brazilian Rosewood

I recently unearthed a set of Brazilian rosewood I had stashed away in the early 90's. I was going to build a J-200 with it, but on closer…

Started by Robert Filippi

16 Mar 28
Reply by Chris Andrada

Stewmac Heat Stick

Hey all. -Have you tried the stewmac heatstick for removing necks? -If so, how was it? Did it work and heat/loosen the neck in a reasonabl…

Started by mr smits

28 Mar 25
Reply by Dave Richard

Order of Operations for a 94 Taylor LKSM neck reset

I have a Taylor LKSM. It cam in "dry". It has been rehumidified so the top is where it should be but, the neck is tilted so that the actio…

Started by wood addict

8 Mar 25
Reply by Mark McLean

Fixing a beatup 0-30

Howdy Folks, My 1st post here. My story is that a friend of mine gave me an old Martin that someone gave him when he was 17. He's nearly…

Started by DAVID BURNS

4 Mar 24
Reply by DAVID BURNS

Deformed Plywood Top and Plywood Bridge Plate

Hello, and thanks in advance for your advice. What approach would you take to fix a terribly deformed plywood top with a plywood bridge pl…

Started by Elaine S. Hartstein

18 Mar 22
Reply by Elaine S. Hartstein

RSS

© 2021   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service