FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Acoustic guitar glued in endpin problem solution...

This is my first post here folks. Remember, it's 'Be kind to the Newbee' month here on the Forum! I hope this is an original idea..... One…

Started by Kerry Krishna

2 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Converting a Lefty Acoustic to a Right Handed Guitar

I was thinking of buying a left handed acoustic guitar and was curious about converting it to a right handed instrument. I would assume you…

Started by Bobby Swanson

4 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Curving instead of carving?

What are the limitations regarding curving the top instead of carving? Does an exagerated induced arch breakdown over time?It seems a curve…

Started by Tim Mace

15 Nov 2, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

1980S RETRO BIG HAIR AND BOLD

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY FIRST ATTEMPT WITH THIS GUITAR

Started by FRANK

11 Nov 1, 2009
Reply by FRANK

banjo tweeking

Hi all , I have been given a cheap 6 string banjo to setup , and that part is done. But the guy wants the tone higher , my first thought is…

Started by Len Biglin

9 Oct 31, 2009
Reply by Michael Shaw

Advice wanted for Harmony Sovereign restoral

Hello. I acquired a project guitar that has suprisingly good tone and playability as-is, but still would like opinions regarding possible i…

Started by Frank Capo

34 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Sources for ABG bridge pins?

Does anybody know of a source for acoustic bass guitar bridge pins? I've tried StewMac, Elderly, GraphTech and Allparts (well, at least to…

Started by Mike Kolb

8 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

Great mother of toilet seat!! Where do I find this stuff?

I am looking to buy some thin mother of pearl sheeting, but do not know where to go. I have checked with some companies that sell veneer (f…

Started by Matt Haugen

11 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Curbow bass electronics problem

Help!! My Cort Curbow bass has developed a strange electronics problem. Its output has weakened so much I have to crank up the amps to thei…

Started by Alexander López

6 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Static noises from new scratchplate .

Hi Guys , I have just installed new "F" custom shop pickups on a strat copy, using a new "M.O.T.S."scratchplate.The thing crackles and tick…

Started by Len Biglin

12 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service