FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dreadnaught project / Back seam

The back strip on this 1970mahogany dreadnaught has separated from the back plate on one side by about .006". See pic attached. The strip t…

Started by Brian Farrell

5 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by David Houchens

Kerfing the Bridge

Kerfing the linings is meant to help the vibrations in the top.How much difference would kerfing the Rosewood bridge make?Keep the bone in…

Started by John Cadd

20 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

Little guitars

I just finished my first small (single 0) guitar. I was blown away by the tone and volume of this little guitar. I will be building more of…

Started by David Houchens

32 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by David Payne

Regal/Dobro Neck reset

I recently picked up a 30's vintage Regal/Dobro, Model 27 I think it's called. This wood-bodied resonator has a half-stick set up, with the…

Started by onewent

7 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by onewent

I found a Vega VDX-84 for LOW money this Is a Guitar not a Banjo

this plays grate needs a saddle and some lower the stings,I am know martin took over in 1970 I can't find info before or after. So the guys…

Started by Mark Naro

3 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Bridge Rotation

A late 70's Guild has come into our shop for it's second neck reset in 18 mos. The bridge continues to rotate (pull forward)-despite adding…

Started by Stuart Horsman

18 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Brian Farrell

Double x brace bridge plate removal?

Vintage Gibson with a chipped out bridge plate. Multiple loose braces, a top crack and the back is peeling up a bit puts replacing the brid…

Started by STGuitarworks

6 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by STGuitarworks

I found a Vega VDX-84 for LOW money this Is a Guitar not a Banjo

This thing needs some work(set-up) but it plays and sounds like a D 18. So what is it

Started by Mark Naro

0 Oct 26, 2009

Gluing blackwood

I have had this set of black wood sides and back I have been saving for 5 years. I have worked on rather oily Brazilian and other rosewoods…

Started by David Payne

8 Oct 25, 2009
Reply by David Payne

Adding an under-saddle pickup to a guitar with a through-cut-saddle

I did the final finish work and gluing of a Martin HD-28V kit guitar a couple years ago and amazingly, it turned out better than I expected…

Started by Boyd Timothy

14 Oct 24, 2009
Reply by Boyd Timothy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service