FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kentucky KM-675 broken neck

I have a elderly friend who has an older KM-675. Good sounding little mandolin, but it had a broken neck when he bought it. It had been "re…

Started by Bob Gaddis

7 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Dropped Guitar

I live in Indianapolis and have a repair question regarding my Larrivee LV-03-12 guitar. My virtually unused guitar was hanging on a guitar…

Started by Matt Bates

5 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by danove

Advice on repairing this soundboard?

So I picked up a cheapo Yamaha for $5 at a garage sale today....with the intent to repair the soundboard, so It will become a decent beach/…

Started by Kevin O'Hara

2 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Lowering action filing frets

Hi, my name is Stefano, I'm Italy based and I would like to make you a question : Is possible to lower the action on acoustic guitar filin…

Started by Stefano Damonte

3 Jun 27, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Neck Reset on Ashborn Parlor

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any experience doing a neck reset on an Ashborn guitar? The guitar I'm working on is very similar to one that…

Started by Ted Kritikos

2 Jun 26, 2009
Reply by Guitar Fixer

wives versus guitars

I have noticed on more than one guitar site that wives in the background seem like a bigger threat than the Taliban.Come on admit it there…

Started by John Cadd

26 Jun 26, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Removing a broken whammy bar from the block.

Howdy. I am considering trying to remove the threaded portion of a whammy bar that has broken off in the block. It is about 1/4" deep, and…

Started by Rick Gentry

5 Jun 26, 2009
Reply by Rick Gentry

Removing Plastic Binding inside F-Holes on Archtop

Another question re: my Ibanez AK85 (175 clone)...it has kind of tacky creme plastic binding (for lack of a better term) around the perimet…

Started by Dave Trickey

5 Jun 25, 2009
Reply by Cliff Morris

celluloid acetate vs celluloid nitrate

anyone have comments on the differences of the two materials not for just pick guards and other ornamental applications but also guitar pic…

Started by Von Luhmann

7 Jun 25, 2009
Reply by Paul Hostetter

Measurements for Picture Frame Inlays on the Gibson L7

I am making a set of the picture frame inlays for a Gibson L7, but I am in need of the measurements of the 'frames' (including the binding)…

Started by Matt Haugen

0 Jun 25, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service