FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for info. Dose any one know any thing about a R.S Williams and sons Co.Ltd Guitars?????

I took this old Paurlor in on trade to-day it is in veary good shape except for the finish. But then you all know how I like to make every…

Started by William F.Eden

3 May 8, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Pacemakers and magnetic pickups !

I have a customer playing one of my solid body guitars and he recently recieved a pacemaker- his cardio doctor told him "NO ELECTRIC GUITAR…

Started by Cricket Buckley

2 May 8, 2009
Reply by Cricket Buckley

math help needed

Greetings to all-- I am in need of some help in the math area-- Im making a jig to cut a neck pocket in a solid body guitar and was wonderi…

Started by Donald A. Fortune

14 May 7, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

beat up national aloha parlor guitar

Looked at a "National Aloha" parlor guitar earlier today... thinking of getting it as something to work on. It is selling for $ 150, looks…

Started by Curtis

3 May 7, 2009
Reply by Curtis

Making a laminated back

I'm considering using a cocobolo/Engelmann spruce laminated back for one of my upcoming classical guitars, kind of along the lines of the C…

Started by Bob Webster

2 May 7, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

polyester finish

What can be used to touch up, spot finish a guitar that has a 'polyester finish'

Started by Jerry Ryan

14 May 7, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

Granite Sanding Slab

I'm trying to find an alternative to using a thickness sander for nuts and saddles and have heard talk of granite sanding slabs? I did some…

Started by Colin Brown

15 May 7, 2009
Reply by Frank Medina

Frank Ford's Espresso Neck-Steaming Rig with Krups Model Numbers

Howdy All :) I just thought I'd share my copy of Frank Ford's Neck Steaming tip that is located here from ack in year 2000: http://frets.c

Started by Dan Gibbs

7 May 6, 2009
Reply by Larry Parker

Kay Barney Kessel truss rod in heel.

Hi , I just want to check.I have a barney Kessel Kay and in the heel of the neck there's a deep hole with a threaded rod . So it's the trus…

Started by Len Biglin

0 May 6, 2009

Cincinnatus Parlor lives again!

I thought I would post a few pics of the parlor guitar I bought in pieces and restored. The pics are not reversed; I set it up lefty for a…

Started by Rick Homan

6 May 5, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service