FRETS.NET

A couple of weeks ago, I started a new repair article for FRETS.COM -

It's a sort of "blog" style account of a project - neck resetting, new bridge, and other work on a 1937 D-28.

Here's a quick link, if you're interested:

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea Frank!

The neck removal contraption is amazing. I try to take pictures as much as possible to document processes that I use. I know how much extra work and time it takes to do this, thanks for sharing!

I hope you do more of these blogs...Master Ford.
Vera cool Frank. I'll be watching this one like a hawk...
I like this format a lot, Frank. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work and how glad I am that you have the patience and dedication to do this sort of detailed documentation.

Ned
Hi Frank,

This recent blog is a very comprehensive undertaking and my thanks to you for sharing your tools, techniques, etc. Your photography is fabulous and I would like to ask you what equipment you use for photographing the interior such as a bridge plate?

Thanks, Louis
My current technique for those interior shots is really simple. I toss in a light, and a hunk of acrylic mirror, then aim and focus the best I can. . .
Frank,
As always, I'm impressed by the length and depth of your mastery of instrument repair, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that your websites have made all our sometimes difficult lives a lot easier. If I may, I would love to see a treatment on the subject of open top cracks, especially with issue of color matching. Again, many thanks.
Great work Frank. Always a pleasure to see more of your ideas in action! Thanks a million for sharing with everyone :)

I was inspired by Frank to take my little Canon Powershot camera, set the delay timer, and stick it inside. It works great!

See attached photo:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service