FRETS.NET

OK, guys, you know where that thread went.

I logged on a bit late today, and was disappointed to see that stuff here.  There's simply no need to snipe at each other, and if it isn't obvious by now, I'll continue to delete that stuff, and if necessary drop those who continue it.

If  you didn't read that particular thread, don't worry about it.  I did read it, and I must say that I found it not only offensive to our group, but basically unintelligible.

Thanks to J for the heads-up, by the way.

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a tendency to agree with you Mr.Ford, some people go ahead and put their mouth in gear before the mind is engaged, ( if you know what I mean )
Peace,
Donald
Thank you Frank. I know hard hard it is to start something and expect it to go right. Perhaps this is an excellent opportunity for everyone who is a part of this to practice principles before personalities.

Also: Being able to cap and punctuate rightly would be a bonus. Just sayin'.

Also too: I get so many awesome comments on my Frets hatchet t-shirt.
Rick - Thanks for the good words! I really like "principles before personalities" - that's a concise statement worth repeating.

I know I'm showing my age, but I really agree with your point about capitalization and punctuation. Now, with "texting" so prevalent, we're seeing abbreviations and acronyms proliferating like never before.

Those who write page-long paragraphs with no punctuation or capitalization, poor grammar and spelling should be aware that it eats away at their credibility, and often keeps people from actually reading the material at all.

Remember the kids in class who asked, "Does neatness count?" Well, I'm here to repeat that it does count, even if you believe that it does not. Communicating effectively gives anybody's work a real boost.

OK, 'nuff of that. I hope we can get along here as colleagues and friends. . .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service