FRETS.NET

I found a photo of this J-40 and I am thinking of bidding on it. First it has some damage by the bottom of the neck that either someone stepped on it or turned the truss too tight and cracked it. I am enclosing a photo to get and opinion on how one would go about repairing this. The seller posted another photo of this problem I can look up if needed. Thank you, Kristin

Views: 255

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The damage in the photos is of the top, and unrelated to truss rod.  It IS serious, but repairable.  As to the "value" of the guitar, that's a debatable issue -  looking at the eBay listing, it's not worth anywhere near the cost of fixing, considering the deteriorated binding.

I don't agree on the value but I am keeping it for myself so I have plans to replace the binding as well. It is good to hear that it isn't a truss problem. That would be a disappointment. I would like suggestions on how one would go about repairing this crack. I have some ideas of my own but since I am new at this suggestions from someone with more experience would be appreciated. Its not a diamond in the rough but I do believe it is worth what I paid for it. $449. Thank you for your input.

Thank you Glen these articles are so a great help. Kristin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service