In the door arrived an older Ovation Ballader with a smashed top.  (and just because the stories are always interesting, it seems the owners knee gave-out at an inopportune time and he actually "kneeled" down onto the face of the guitar... ouch). 

Anyway, the top needs to be replaced, as well as a portion of the kerfing. 

The question is: What sort of glue would be appropriate to secure a new section of kerfing to the plastic (ABS?) body?  I could always use an epoxy, but I'd like to "stay original" if at all possible.... any ideas on what was "original" or what may work well?  thanks!

Views: 1709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Mike, I'll be giving them a call this morning. Appreciate the contact information....


© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service