FRETS.NET

Oodles of odd ouds are coming across my workbench these days. Yesterday I removed the peg head from a neck/head assembly a friend had shipped from Jordan to replace the peghead on an oud he has. The oud maker in Jordan had mistakenly sent a neck assembled to the peghead as well, which my friend did not want. So I fired up the espresso steamer and separated the two. 

After which, I assembled the peghead to my friend's oud.

 

Another oud playing friend has an oud with a bridge that has failed:

 Based on this photo and some measurements I made a new one from some brazilian rosewood.

Views: 415

Comment

You need to be a member of FRETS.NET to add comments!

Join FRETS.NET

© 2017   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service