FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Guild F30 neck/headstock crack

This is my guitar and I'm pretty heartbroken about it as it's my favorite and I spend hours playing it every day. I was working to fit a ne…

Started by eliya in Luthier Talk

19 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by eliya

cheats

Anybody know any cheats to get rid of some localized slight buzzing frets on an acoustic.  If I play light it's okay.... Low "E" string onl…

Started by David Kennedy in Luthier Talk

20 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Ron Frazier

Poly cover up

Hi guys, I'm looking for hints, guides or whatever on covering up/retouching repairs involving poly finishes. The stupid thing is that I a…

Started by Keith Somerville in Luthier Talk

2 Oct 7, 2015
Reply by Demetry Merkuloff

hard to find j 200 pickguard

hey there all, I'm doing a repair on a j200 and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a decent pickguard for replacement. i ordered an…

Started by peter meyer in Luthier Talk

6 Oct 4, 2015
Reply by J R Emmett

I2 string arch tops.....Why don't I see any....Can a 6 string stand the conversion ?......Discuss...

Just looking for input on the subject....

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

13 Oct 1, 2015
Reply by Punto Bawono

looking for old Banjo part source

I'm looking for some old (1900) banjo hardware. Specifically a turnbuckle strap like the one in the picture. Does anyone know a source for…

Started by David Farmer in Luthier Talk

12 Sep 30, 2015
Reply by Steve Bettesworth

Fender Biflex trussrod repair..

  Haven't really seen any good info on this, I have done quite a lot of these, the truss rod nut strips, and you have a walnut plug in the…

Started by Claus Holm Jensen in Luthier Talk

14 Sep 28, 2015
Reply by Claus Holm Jensen

Gibson Nut Shape

Hey Everybody!    I have a question about the shape of Gibson nuts, specifically Les Pauls. Generally, I see a shape that is a rectangle wi…

Started by Cyrus Comiskey in Luthier Talk

1 Sep 27, 2015
Reply by J. Ensalaco

Amateur repair to Guitar top

Hi,      was hoping someone could provide me with some guidance as to the correct/best/proven process of raising a sunken acoustic guitar t…

Started by Paul Said in Luthier Talk

1 Sep 26, 2015
Reply by David Farmer

Very good nut file...cheap

  I was just reading about nut files.  There's a ton of different things they're using....a guy took pictures of the slots after the differ…

Started by David Kennedy in Luthier Talk

3 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by Steve Williams

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service