FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Aspen AD 28 Neck Joint. Anyone re-set one of these?

A cheap guitar, but has sentimental value to the owner.  Anyone know what type of glue and/or joint used here before I dig into it?  Thanks…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

8 Jun 5, 2015
Reply by Alexander Allgood

What kind of saddle should use with a piezo pickup

I have a Martin OM with an under-the-saddle pickup (as well as a mic in the body).  I am replacing the saddle, which appears to be Micarta…

Started by Gordon Scott in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 4, 2015
Reply by Mark A. Kane

Replacement tuner buttons for Fender mandocaster?

I have a '57 here with a crumbled button. It seems that the undersize buttons are not available as replacements....but does anyone know of…

Started by Dave Richard in Luthier Talk

2 Jun 3, 2015
Reply by Dave Richard

First bass build advice

Hey guys im new to Frets.net so not sure how everything works so i do apologise if this has been answered before. Anyway i am planning on b…

Started by Ryan Holmes in Luthier Talk

5 Jun 1, 2015
Reply by Andrew

fixing this guitar top

What would be the best way to fix the top of this guitar. I think it is a KG 11 Kalamazoo. I did put some small cleats inside but is there…

Started by jerry mc hugh in Luthier Talk

2 Jun 1, 2015
Reply by jerry mc hugh

Gold flake source

Greetings all, I am about to spray a finish on a custom guitar that I'm building and I want to spray it it a "Gibson Gold Top Gold". Where…

Started by Gregory Hites in Luthier Talk

6 May 28, 2015
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Curved Razor Scraper

I hope I'm not the first to think of this - I was scraping some drop fills on an archtop guitar and wanted to keep clear of the parts aroun…

Started by Carl Mesrobian in Luthier Talk

5 May 27, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

20 hour failed repair job=Mandolin meets steel post

Well for the second time in my life,  I wrapped an instrument around a tele=pole in the basement here late last night.  This particular axe…

Started by Kerry Krishna in Luthier Talk

10 May 24, 2015
Reply by Andrew

Ibanez SRT Preamp Issues

I've got a Ibanez 12 string with the SRT Preamp with B-Band under saddle pickup with no output. It uses 2 AA batteries which I just changed…

Started by Rob Sutton in Luthier Talk

2 May 24, 2015
Reply by J R Emmett

compact Collins fret buffer

After the radial bristle wheel discussion, this is what I came up with. The right two wheels slide forward or back on a pair of oak keys. T…

Started by David Farmer in Luthier Talk

4 May 23, 2015
Reply by David Farmer

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service