FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Floating Bridge

I'm having to make a new floating bridge, I think that's the correct term, the type which is used with a tail piece, for an old parlour gui…

Started by Steve Bettesworth in Luthier Talk

5 May 19, 2015
Reply by Thomas James

Blue Comet Mandolin rattle

I have an interesting mandolin here, a Blue Comet with the double chamber that is "not a resonator".  Whatever is in there is very loose an…

Started by Brian Hart in Luthier Talk

0 May 19, 2015

break ins

I know we all have problems with stealing .  In my music store we have in the 20 years that we have had a store fount  we have been broken…

Started by Ron Frazier in Luthier Talk

11 May 18, 2015
Reply by Kerry Krishna

re-gluing braces

Greetings.  First time posting here.  Most times I'll find the answer I'm looking for by using the search function, but I'm coming up empty…

Started by Aaron Howell in Luthier Talk

11 May 18, 2015
Reply by Paul Breen

Troublesome geometry changes?

Hello, chaps. This work was passed on to me by a local guitar shop yesterday and I thought I'd pick your brains before attacking it. I hop…

Started by Keith Somerville in Luthier Talk

12 May 18, 2015
Reply by Paul Breen

Narrow Slot Fretwire

I have a piccolo mandolin that needs frets. the slots are approximately .013 - .014 inches. The customer brought it in with no frets. Has a…

Started by Carl Mesrobian in Luthier Talk

8 May 14, 2015
Reply by Kerry Krishna

Neck/Fretboard Repair

I have a neck that I wanted to do a fret level/crowning but It turns out the neck is warped and twisted (back bow on one side while other s…

Started by Jack of all trades. in Luthier Talk

5 May 12, 2015
Reply by Carl Mesrobian

Custom Hemostats

Sometimes ya just gotta make a tool to do the job - used this to remove tape and clean cleats after a crack repair in a Dupont.. Amazing wh…

Started by Carl Mesrobian in Luthier Talk

1 May 11, 2015
Reply by peter meyer

X brace crack repair

I’ve gotten an early ‘60s D-18 that’s in nice original condition except that it probably had one traumatic   accident. I got it intending t…

Started by Larry Pederson in Luthier Talk

12 May 10, 2015
Reply by David Farmer

finish damage on early Gibson

This is a 1914 Gibson L-1 archtop.  The celluloid tieblock on the original tailpiece decomposed, leaving the dark blotch.  The owner has as…

Started by Dave Richard in Luthier Talk

9 May 10, 2015
Reply by Carl Mesrobian

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service