FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone else using 3m radial bristle wheels?

I recent shoulder injury has me scrambling to ease the strain from a growing mountain of fret work. Years ago David Collins posted about us…

Started by David Farmer in Luthier Talk

13 May 10, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Dust & Solvent Suggestions

Today's New York Times has an article on chronic diseases among nail salon workers who are exposed to dust and solvents. Guitar building an…

Started by Robbie Collins in Luthier Talk

0 May 10, 2015

Repair Gibson K-1 mandocello

Hi, I posted a question about this instrument a few years ago and it was discussed briefly.  I have decided it is time to open it up and fi…

Started by Bernie Daniel in Luthier Talk

29 May 3, 2015
Reply by Bernie Daniel

PVC & Nitrocellulose Lacquer: Do they react?

Greetings, haven't been on in a good while, but I'm still here! OK, so I have a question that is a bit off topic, but a little bit related…

Started by John Cartwright in Luthier Talk

16 May 1, 2015
Reply by John Cartwright

Rehorning a telecaster

I got this guitar in from a customer who didn't know how the original horn fell off but he wants a new one put on. I've had the new one cut…

Started by John in Luthier Talk

32 May 1, 2015
Reply by John

Luthier shop Architecture

Hello fellow luthiers, I'm an Architect but also a luthier, and I've been asked to design a Luthier Shop for a magazine, I'm looking for so…

Started by Alvaro Balderrama Chiappe in Luthier Talk

20 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by Mario Cardenas

Router Speed Controller?

http://www.busybeetools.com/products/router-speed-control-115v-15a.html Found this little item while looking for a replacement switch for…

Started by Andrew in Luthier Talk

15 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by Howard Klepper

Badger model 400 detail guns

Found two of them digging my old stuff storage. Do anyone still use these for guitar finishing in the era of HVLP and turbines? Can you rec…

Started by Demetry Merkuloff in Luthier Talk

2 Apr 28, 2015
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Fretboard crack, sealed after hydrating.

I had a guitar that came in for repair. It had a long crack down the center of the fret board and a crack on the back. The guitar was obvio…

Started by Luke Single in Luthier Talk

8 Apr 22, 2015
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

Repairmen: What guarantees do you make on your work?

Sorry to ask another boring business question, chaps! Do you have standard guarantees on your jobs, or does it vary? Does everything go in…

Started by Keith Somerville in Luthier Talk

7 Apr 20, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service