FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Taylor GS Mini crack repair - is it worth it?

Hello I've been wanting a Taylor GS Mini mahogany for over a year now,but cannot afford one ($500 new, $400 used).I just saw this ad for a…

Started by Arthur Sweeney in Luthier Talk

10 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

early t fret?

Just wondering if this is an early t fret. It came off of the mandolin shown in the pic.

Started by Lee Gendvilas in Luthier Talk

7 Mar 31, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Ridiculous claims regarding tone.

So there's a lot of pseudoscience among guitar players, regarding what affects tone, and to what degree, as well as a lot of anecdotal evid…

Started by Ian Pender in Luthier Talk

32 Mar 30, 2015
Reply by Andrew

How often do you update customers?

Hi all, A couple of incidents today caused me to wonder how often I should bother customers about their repairs. I have a Godin superstrat…

Started by Keith Somerville in Luthier Talk

7 Mar 30, 2015
Reply by Mike Kolb

New Repair System for Brazilian Rosewood

I am pleased to report that repairing cracks in Brazilian rosewood just got a lot easier: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Platypus-Designer-Duct-Ta…

Started by Howard Klepper in Luthier Talk

6 Mar 28, 2015
Reply by Andrew

Mystery Parlor

I'm trying to get some info on this old parlor guitar. I've tried searches for George Stewart and haven't been able to turn anything up. Is…

Started by John Smeck in Luthier Talk

2 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Builders: Need A Replacement Bolt-on Neck Made (National Reso-glass)

Hi folks,  Long time since we posted here. A repair customer brought us this Airline style National with a snapped headstock. We can repai…

Started by Steve Baker in Luthier Talk

7 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Steve Baker

Glued bridge on Silvertone (wrong spot)

Hi everybody, Yet another question about the Silvertone 1485. The previous problem has been fixed, but this one seems to be a bit more gna…

Started by Pim Boerdijk in Luthier Talk

19 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Demetry Merkuloff

Action On A Kingman

I am having a problem getting the action set on this 60s Fender Kingman. As there is only 3 sizes of saddles the B and E stings are to high…

Started by Charlie Bowerbank in Luthier Talk

15 Mar 23, 2015
Reply by Andrew

Washburn back grew

I've got a Washburn flattop on my bench. The back is pushing the binding out by an eighth of an inch on the treble side and a little less o…

Started by John in Luthier Talk

6 Mar 20, 2015
Reply by Andrew

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service