FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

lacquer curing space?

The Lacquer curing thread brought up an issue for me I figured I would put in a separate thread. How do those of you who have Lacquer curi…

Started by David Farmer in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 6, 2015
Reply by David Farmer

Letting Lacquer Cure...Do I Really Have to Wait??

Hey guys I know this is a question with no definitive answer. I've heard 10-14 days, then I've also heard some say that a week should suffi…

Started by Pete Andreev in Luthier Talk

14 Jul 5, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Basic Drop-Fill Finishing Question...Why's This Happening?

Im a guitarist and a tech-wanna-be, and I've done a fair amount of finishing, drop fills, etc. I've never had an issue with drop fills befo…

Started by Pete Andreev in Luthier Talk

10 Jul 5, 2015
Reply by P Dibby

Cellosolve Butyl

Does anyone know where I could purchase a small quantity of Cellosolve Butyl?  The smallest quantity I have located online is by the quart.…

Started by Robert D. Benson in Luthier Talk

23 Jul 4, 2015
Reply by Mark Fogleman

Stamping Serial Number in Gibson Headstock

Hello Ladies and Gentleman! I'm currently fixing a broken Gibson headstock and I'm wanting to stamp the serial and "Made in America" back i…

Started by Justin in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 2, 2015
Reply by Russell Vance

Replacement fret wire

I am re-fretting a 1964 Rose Morris Rickenbacker 1997 and need to find a fret wire with a similar footing but a higher crown. By default, R…

Started by Victor Croll in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 2, 2015
Reply by Victor Croll

uneven strings volume on a Breedlove with L.R. Baggs piezo pick-up and preamp

HelloPlease help me, I ran out of ideas on this.A friend of mine has a Breedlove guitar, model Solo CS350 with this problem.When I received…

Started by Eugen C in Luthier Talk

10 Jul 1, 2015
Reply by Russell Vance

Can you identify this Rickenbacker?

My first post here and I'm sure some of you knowledgeable guys know more about this guitar than I do... I have a friend in the north of th…

Started by Victor Croll in Luthier Talk

12 Jun 30, 2015
Reply by Victor Croll

JLD Bridge Doctor

Hello! I installed a Bridge Doctor in a flattop some days ago in order to flatten the belly behind the bridge. It helped, but not as much a…

Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 24, 2015
Reply by Paul Storrie

Latest Bridge Doctor Tale

Well being sold on these contraptions I agreed to get a couple of guitars working for a friend, a Yamaha acoustic/electric and a Peavey fla…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

7 Jun 24, 2015
Reply by Paul Storrie

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service