FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gibson Chet Atkins CE 1986 that hums!

Hi,   I've checked all the solder connections and they are fine. It seems the pre-amp is compromised. The owner wants to keep the original…

Started by Scott Wackerman in Luthier Talk

30 Jul 30, 2015
Reply by Roy Martin German, Jr.

Newbie luthier

Hello woodworkers, musicians, luthiers, and the like.My name is Chris, and I'm an aspiring luthier. I've always loved music and guitars, bu…

Started by Christopher Laverty in Luthier Talk

12 Jul 30, 2015
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

End-pin Jack Installation Puzzle....

So a customer brought me his 1970 D28 and his fresh in-the-box K&K pickup for an installation.  It should be relatively easy, but noooo…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

27 Jul 28, 2015
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Cracked Headstock opened up

I purchased a yamaha fg730s a year ago...it had a cracked headstock that was glued and clamped with Titebond.  Its a great knock around gui…

Started by Alan Cangemi in Luthier Talk

9 Jul 28, 2015
Reply by Howard Klepper

1889 WASHBURN Catalogue

Found this catalog at an estate sale on Friday, and thought it might be of interest to some of you.  All of the mandolins are round back, a…

Started by George Roberts in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by George Roberts

Reglueing a pickguard on a Gibson LG-1 from 1967

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm based out of Montreal, Quebec. One of my clients brought me a Gibson LG-1 with the pickguard c…

Started by Antoine Coupal Dalgleish in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Upright Bass with a broken neck

Hello! Had a customer bring in an upright bass with a broken neck. The neck actually broke at the heal, fracturing it into a couple pieces.…

Started by Rob Sutton in Luthier Talk

11 Jul 26, 2015
Reply by Paul Hostetter

Stromberg-Voisinet Keykord Uke

Just come across a Stromberg-Voisinet Keykord tenor uke. It's not in great shape, the body was badly repaired and needs some disassembly an…

Started by Steve Bettesworth in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 24, 2015
Reply by Steve Bettesworth

Yamaha saddle. 3/32" or 1/8"?

I have a friend who is looking to purchase a pickup for his Yammy. I cannot remember what the saddle size is for Yamaha. He lives a bit awa…

Started by Mike Baker in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 22, 2015
Reply by Mike Baker

Taylor Headstock Veneer?

Does anybody know of a way to get a Taylor headstock veneer? I'm looking to put one on my Big Baby to replace the ugly plastic one. I woul…

Started by Pete Andreev in Luthier Talk

10 Jul 19, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service