FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

KTM-9 discontinued... now what?

I have been using KTM-9 waterbased lacquer on my guitars with good success, but I see now that due to a fire at the factory it is no longer…

Started by Doug Collins in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 11, 2015
Reply by Mark Fogleman

Epiphone FT147 Neck reset

I have a 1972 Epiphone FT147, dreadnought flat-top, MIJ (probably by FujiGen) which needs a neck reset. Couldn’t find anything on the net t…

Started by Ian Barker in Luthier Talk

12 Aug 11, 2015
Reply by Ian Barker

$40 Vintage Suzuki No 7 Repair

Hi All,           I'II like to have a go at repairing this beat up early 60's acoustic guitar I purchased a while back but require some adv…

Started by Paul Said in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 9, 2015
Reply by Paul Said

Strat truss rod does nothing

Well, I exaggerate, but it in no way is doing a good job of taking the significant bow out of this neck. Looking for cost-effective options…

Started by Keith Somerville in Luthier Talk

9 Aug 9, 2015
Reply by Mike Kolb

Cleaning surface for double stick velco

Hi folks!    I have a Gibson Songwriter I'm regluing the battery "pack" on.  It mounts on the neck block.   What should I use to clean the…

Started by Wayne Walker in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 6, 2015
Reply by Mark Fogleman

Martin LXM Bridge Reglue

Hey Everyone! I have a little Martin LXM that needs a bridge reglue. I'm wondering what adhesive should be used for the job. The top is mad…

Started by Rob Sutton in Luthier Talk

2 Aug 4, 2015
Reply by Rob Sutton

Looking for opinions/info about my mystery archtop...

Picked this up recently in my travels, and was hoping I could get some information/opinions from you knowledgeable folks about it.  It didn…

Started by Matt Smith in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by Kerry Krishna

Nomex

Hallo  everybody, I'm on mi way to start a guitar with Nomex in the sound board, the problem is that I am allergic to epoxi, so I was think…

Started by Alberto Bonafini in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by Alberto Bonafini

Is torrified wood worth trying?

Does anyone have any experience with torrified wood?  I was dubious when I first saw it in the StewMac catalog.  Then I noticed that Martin…

Started by Jonathan Conant in Luthier Talk

11 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Conant

Mold/Mildew Inside An Archtop Guitar? Cure/Erradication

Frank and friends, Just got a very nice condition Archtop guitar on Ebay. However, the case smelt  a little musty, so I got an inspection m…

Started by Ron Buck in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Mark Fogleman

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service