FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

AJ Bush Mandolin Restoration

A very cool old mandolin landed on my bench, but I cannot find one bit of information about the "A J Bush, Manufacturer of Stringed Musical…

Started by Ben Williams in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

"Tater Bug' nightmare!

Everybody's got their fair share of horror stories, and here's mine for the week :)  A customer's little kid dropped the bowl-back mando an…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

7 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Mike Kolb

Inspection camera for Apple products

I have found these great inexpensive inspection cameras online through amazon. They are anywhere from $15 to $35. I would just order them a…

Started by Luke Single in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 19, 2015
Reply by Ned Knepp

Discussion about CA gluing frets is gone

New guy here. I was reading an older discussion last Wednesday about using CA glue when fretting, but now it's gone. I copied the post quot…

Started by Michael S. Fields in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 18, 2015
Reply by Michael S. Fields

Difficulty with drop fills

I recently tried the drop fill technique on a couple finish scratches on my guitar, after the superglue was applied and had dried there was…

Started by david ericson in Luthier Talk

6 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by david ericson

Frank Gay biography

"Prairie Bohemian: Frank Gay's Life in Music" is a new book, hot off the press with many old photographs. Check it out! http://www.uap.ual…

Started by UAPress in Luthier Talk

6 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by UAPress

Flat Radius = Flat Saddle? Classical Setup

Hey everyone, EDIT: I started this thread asking about nuts for classical guitars but I now need some more general setup advice. I'm sett…

Started by Pete Andreev in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 16, 2015
Reply by Greg Mirken

Crack at Neck and Headstock join repair strength

Hi,     I was hoping someone may give me some advice. I am considering buying a used Larrivee acoustic guitar. It has had a crack repaired…

Started by Paul Said in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by Howard Klepper

Makings Bends Possible: Flatten Fret Radius??

I have a '62 Road Worn Strat that I really love. I'm setting it up after having it on a stand for a few months and I'm having an issue. The…

Started by Pete Andreev in Luthier Talk

13 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

Ibanez tech rep

I've got a 2002 Ibanez SR type 5 string bass in for electrics replacement. The controls were fried( someone let the smoke out) the owner br…

Started by Peter Laine in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 12, 2015
Reply by Demetry Merkuloff

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service