FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Truss rod adjusters

Does anyone have a list of truss rod wrench sizes for specific manufacturers and models? 

Started by John in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 19, 2015
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

Custom Leather Guitar Body Wraps Who Makes These?

I have a friend who is interested in getting one of those leather wraps made for his guitar body. The one he is currently using was made in…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

17 Jul 18, 2015
Reply by Don Venne

martin D12-20 72 or 73 truss rod reinforcement

howdy all, I'm about to do a neck reset on this Martin  12 string, and while in in there I'm planning to reinforce the truss rod w/ graphit…

Started by peter meyer in Luthier Talk

21 Jul 17, 2015
Reply by Mark Pollock

Gryphon's string winder crank?

C'mon, Frank.... don't keep us in suspense!    It's got that cool"steam-punk" look and probably works tons better than the plastic toys ou…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

14 Jul 16, 2015
Reply by Frank Ford

Plain steel strings

I understand Pyramid's plain steel strings are silver coated as opposed to tin coated. True?  Is that a significant improvement/difference?…

Started by Paul Hoffman in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 14, 2015
Reply by Paul Hoffman

Neck crack at headstock

I received a guitar for repair yesterday that I have mixed feeling about.  It is an inexpensive (Dean) acoustic that has a crack starting a…

Started by J R Emmett in Luthier Talk

20 Jul 12, 2015
Reply by peter meyer

Another difficult customer... What more can I do?

    I have a long time customer who ALWAYS seems to be a pain in the rear. He brings me A LOT of business as he is a full time guitar instr…

Started by Luke Single in Luthier Talk

42 Jul 11, 2015
Reply by Luke Single

Double compensated twelve string saddle

I had a Godin A12 dropped off with a request for a walrus tusk (it's legal and available in Canada) 12 string saddle individually compensat…

Started by John in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 9, 2015
Reply by Mark Pollock

Truss rod suppliers

I'm trying to find someone in the UK / Europe who can supply Martin style aluminium channel truss rods for short scale basses.  I need rods…

Started by Dave Sparrow in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 8, 2015
Reply by Murray MacLeod

Tobacco Smell

Bought an old GH & S five string banjo at an antique fair on Monday, it was dirt cheap and looks in very good condition for its age. Ob…

Started by Steve Bettesworth in Luthier Talk

17 Jul 6, 2015
Reply by Grahame Myers

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service