FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Martin DCX1E back seperation

Hi all , this guy dropped his laminate martin and the back has popped off half way around lower bout . Most of the way the linings have spl…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

4 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Len Biglin

Bakelite Rickenbacher screw question

Hi folks,   So, it's time to FINALLY replace the tuner buttons on my pre-war Ricky lap steel. Before I take the tuners off, I just want to…

Started by Mark Pollock in Luthier Talk

2 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Mark Pollock

Steel String Bridge Reglue

Hi,I'm currently working on a Trinity College 14 fret cutaway,  that the bridge was pulling up and taking some top wood with it.  I removed…

Started by Robert Bander in Luthier Talk

10 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Chad VanRens

HOME MADE ROSEWOOD FILLER ?????????????

got a fretboard with a few edges that need filling. also have a bag of fine rosewood dust. is there a suitable glue i can use as a mix with…

Started by nick-p in Luthier Talk

7 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Any 'easy' way to cut nice, thin, clean splines for filling cracks due to top shrinkage ?

I seem to remember buying a finish or veneer blade for the 8" table saw and setting a shallow angle, then ripping the 3/4" spruce only to w…

Started by Paul Lupus in Luthier Talk

5 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Robert Bander

How often should I visit a luthier?

How often should I get an adjustment with a luthier (ie, truss, saddle, nut)? It's never been done on two of my electric guitars; one is 10…

Started by exc e in Luthier Talk

3 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Howard Klepper

stereo electric mod

I am working on an electric guitar. 3 single coils (2 generic strat type and one 60s Japan-looking thing at bridge position), 5 way switch,…

Started by David Reilly in Luthier Talk

3 Oct 6, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

standard or conical radius on bass ???

hi folks, first entry for me, be gentle !!.. nearly finished my bolt on jazz bass neck. given it a 10 inch radius the whole length, not hap…

Started by nick-p in Luthier Talk

6 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Soon no more incandescent bulbs

From AOL news: "One US factory with 200 workers wasleft making incandescent light bulbs.And last week, that plant shut down."   We'd better…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

14 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Gluing top Pieces together

Is it best to use hide glue of epoxy or titebond to glue these split top pieces together..They actually fit together perfectly.  I am going…

Started by Steve Bee in Luthier Talk

5 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service