FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

69 Fender Villager Neck Placement/scale length question

I have a Fender Villager in the shop, a 1969 12 string acoustic with removable neck. The neck seats in the head block. Neck is fine but the…

Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk

4 May 22, 2010
Reply by William F.Eden

Anyone have any info regarding truss rod anchor on a solid maple (fender) neck, vintage style single action,adjuster at bottom.

I have taken apart many necks, but have never had the experience of ripping into a solid maple fender neck. What's behind the walnut plug a…

Started by Nick Bucci in Luthier Talk

6 May 21, 2010
Reply by Nick Bucci

YAMAHA GUITAR CRACKED LOWER BOUT

IVE been waiting for a while now for this re pair to come along well this crack stayed in the binding area cracked well through i can see t…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

5 May 20, 2010
Reply by FRANK

#2 ovatin bass top seperation

i have a ovation bass with a sever top separation from the kurffing and even the kurffing pulling from the side.the crack has also seamed t…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

3 May 20, 2010
Reply by Tim Mace

please help me with a Tough finish fix

I have a finish issue on a neck body joint.  As I sanded the joint for a reset (loosened the neck bolts and sanded the joint insitu) some f…

Started by Craig Anderson in Luthier Talk

6 May 19, 2010
Reply by Craig Anderson

Elements of differences in fingerboard feel

I just got a Mexican Tele that I must raise the action very high, high to the point of unplayable, in order to get good full sound, that is…

Started by Bill Kaiser in Luthier Talk

4 May 19, 2010
Reply by Frank Bugbee

Electronics reference spreadsheet

Folks,   I've been helping a couple of budding electronics technicians with some amp building issues and one thing I resently sent them is…

Started by Rob Mercure in Luthier Talk

2 May 18, 2010
Reply by Rob Mercure

Franks '38 D-28 Repair Steam set up Question

Frank or others, in your photo essay on the '38 D-28 repair your show your new steam generator, cool idea.  Couple of questions:1.  The ste…

Started by onewent in Luthier Talk

4 May 18, 2010
Reply by onewent

First Project

Hey everyone, this is my first post after having been made aware of the site (thanks Ryan) and pouring over it for the last month. What a…

Started by John McDonald in Luthier Talk

7 May 18, 2010
Reply by Paul Breen

Dust protection safety measures and wet sanding

Hi folks,Posting this sheepishly in the hopes 'there are no dumb questions'. In the past, all the time I've spent wet sanding, I've worn an…

Started by Rory in Luthier Talk

2 May 18, 2010
Reply by John Cadd

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service