FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cellusolve

Can anyone tell me if Butyl Cellusolve will react with plastic binding? MAC

Started by Mac McElwain

5 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by Mac McElwain

Nut slotting files? Some better than others?

For work, I use a set of Gotoh's nut slotting files. It's the 10-piece set (original recipe) with sharp handles meant for a file holder whi…

Started by Jeremy Borkat

8 Oct 10, 2009
Reply by Jeremy Borkat

classical guitar straps for standing.

I see Kenny Hill is using staps for classical instruments so you can stand and give the footstool the elbow. I like that idea but is there…

Started by John Cadd

2 Oct 9, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

Strap button for L-7

I have a 1946 Gibson L-7 archtop which has no neck heel strap button. The neck heel is not very meaty, and I'm wondering about the possible…

Started by Mike B

3 Oct 9, 2009
Reply by Mike B

My mate`s rosette

When my mate was removing some thick varnish to be able to hear (my) his guitar better (I) he was surprised to see the rosette go like the…

Started by John Cadd

24 Oct 8, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

Takamine neck reset

I had a customer walk in with one of those Garth Brooks Takamine that's been dropped and has begged me to repair it. It needs a neck reset,…

Started by jeff henry

4 Oct 8, 2009
Reply by jeff henry

saddle slot

Rookie needs help. I am shaping a replacement bridge from scratch and need to route a 3/32" slot. Problem is, I have few proper tools and a…

Started by Brian Farrell

11 Oct 7, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Argument with a luthier over distance of low E bridge pin hole from saddle

Say, I just got a custom instrument from the luthier who built it and the distance from the front of the low E string bridge pin to the nea…

Started by Ethan Hicks

6 Oct 7, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Bloodwood back and sides question

I am planing on building a guitar with bloodwood back and sides and was wondering if anyone has experience with using it. I know it is very…

Started by Everett Stone

10 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Jay Gordon

Sunburst Finish Question

Hi all. I am going to be attempting my very first sunburst finish in the upcoming weeks. In preparation I will be ordering Guitar Finishing…

Started by Matt Haugen

3 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service