FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carbon fibre (fiber) neck reinforcement

It's nice to be able discuss ideas with you all. I first subscribed to Frank's site a few years ago and he's helped me with a couple of que…

Started by Alan Hudson

4 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Alan Hudson

A great trip to the Goodwill today....... Hows abouts yous?

I had a really nice visit to the goodwill today. I found myself an espresso machine (that works) for my neck steamer and right next to it w…

Started by Matt Haugen

8 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

L.P. with a really strange problem.

Hi all , I am looking at a Gibson Les Paul which I fret dressed about a month ago.The strings are being shaped into a kink around each fret…

Started by Len Biglin

6 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

A warning re denatured alcohol in French polishing

During the French polishing of the last three or four of my guitars, I've had the skin on my fingers eventually slough off and peel away to…

Started by Bob Webster

6 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Rise in back strip

I have a small problem with a zipperd back strip when I cut the channel for it I got it a tad to big. So I sliped a piece 1/28 maple veneer…

Started by William F.Eden

11 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Any tips on Bending Spalted Maple sides?

well I am getting ready to build a couple Guitars just thought I would ask before I got in to things like bending anyone with experience be…

Started by FRANK

23 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Not jeebus in a tater chip..however

Thought I'd share this w/ya'll.While testing stain on curly maple I turned the piece of wood over to find what seems to be a miraculous ico…

Started by Tim Mace

1 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Tell the customer or no?

I have a guitar in for action adjustment. It is a strat type guitar with bolt on neck. In adjusting action I have found that when I get to…

Started by Mike Baker

8 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Mike Baker

Froggy Bottom truss adjustment.

Does any one know how to adjust a truss rod on a froggy bottom guitar using common tools?Len

Started by Len Biglin

4 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

How to shim a saddle ( follow up to my previous)

I have a Norman ST 40 with a Tusq or Micarta saddle that I need to shim. Any ideas about what type of material to use?

Started by Wayne Walker

9 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Wayne Walker

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service