FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heel Crack: Reinforce or Glue Only?

Hi Inexpensive classical guitar with a heel crack. Trying to decide whether to just work some titebond in and clamp it, or follow that up…

Started by Mark

1 Jan 19, 2023
Reply by Taffy Evans

Epiphone Recording Banjo

Hi Folks, I recently acquired an Epiphone recording banjo, the Concert Art Model, after it had been found in a trash pile down in Florida…

Started by Chris Vallillo

5 Jan 17, 2023
Reply by Chris Vallillo

Too much to handle.

Hi. Ok, I'll start the new year off. Late last year I was given eight mandolins, a Ukulele, a banjo Uke, and various necks and fittings. Th…

Started by Taffy Evans

1 Jan 13, 2023
Reply by Mark McLean

Spam

received a spam from someone named James Pollard to my Email yet was nothing posted to my page the message said it was from FRETS.net anyon…

Started by Danny Gadut

9 Jan 5, 2023
Reply by Mike Kolb

How long do you spend on a neck reset?

I'm wondering how long others spend resetting a neck on a guitar like a Martin with a standard dovetail joint.  I'm spending *much* longer…

Started by Eric Gleason

4 Dec 23, 2022
Reply by Taffy Evans

Broken body under bridge of strat style guitar

A friend of mine has an old Strat style Silvertone that has a body that has cracked and lifted under the tremolo bridge. I was thinking abo…

Started by J45joe

6 Dec 13, 2022
Reply by Taffy Evans

A Binding scraper idea...

Hi, I thought I would show my binding scraper. I have been using it for quite a few years now and the cost was zero. And it gives me an exc…

Started by Taffy Evans

3 Nov 7, 2022
Reply by Allan Bacon

Neck Block

Hello, I'm repairing a loose neck block on a 1972 Guild 212. The top has split on both sides of the neck where it lays over the upper bout.…

Started by Colin O'Brien

3 Oct 31, 2022
Reply by Greg Mirken

Opinions on a chunk o' wood?

Not necessarily a repair or a building question, but it's semi-related.  A friend was kind-enough to gift me a beautiful slab of old black…

Started by Mike Kolb

11 Oct 28, 2022
Reply by Mike Kolb

Glu-boost got competitors?

Hello All, I've been watching videos of Glu-boost being used as a clear pore filler---what's not to like?  The price!  It's possible that t…

Started by Brian Burns

4 Oct 25, 2022
Reply by Brian Burns

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service