FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nitrocellulose friendly materials This has probably already been beat to death on this forum..........

I have a , nitrocellulose finished, Gibson CJ165 EC and the case from Gibson is ill fitting.  I am told by TKL that it is a 'one size fits…

Started by David Wilhoit in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

DADGAD Fan Frets Jumbo Acoustic building, help need.

I am impressed by the guitar of Andy Mcgee is using, the bass is so crisp and the treble is so sweet, I am a hobby guitar builder, can anyo…

Started by T Wong in Luthier Talk

4 Aug 16, 2010
Reply by Ted Kritikos

maple fretboard nick

I have a guitar neck that is a mighty mite with a maple fingerboard. The red arrow is pointing to a nick in the fingerboard. What is the be…

Started by Lee Gendvilas in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 16, 2010
Reply by Paul Breen

Firebird Banjo tuners

Does anybody know of tuners that will retro fit the crappy banjo tuners gibson likes to put on these?

Started by Eclipse Wizard in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 14, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Best Martin Strings

Hi gang - I know string selection is a personal preference. Since I am due for a new set of strings, I have read that Addario strings seem…

Started by Rob in Luthier Talk

23 Aug 13, 2010
Reply by Rob

Question about Oscar Schmidt Stella finish

Hello I recently acquired an O.S. Stella Grand Concert guitar - circa late 1920's. Its quite structurally sound, however the major issue is…

Started by Frank Capo in Luthier Talk

4 Aug 13, 2010
Reply by Frank Capo

Bridge removal

I need to remove the bridge on a tenor ukulele.  It was attached with titebond original.  Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you…

Started by John McDonald in Luthier Talk

13 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by John McDonald

Inlays becoming proud of fretboard?

 I have no idea what could be going on with this guitar. It is s 70s Fender plywood guitar with the snowflake inlays. There are no signs at…

Started by Kerry Krishna in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Kerry Krishna

Hand Rubbed Nitro Finish

Hello Hello!! What would be the best material to apply the lacquer? At the moment I'm using regular flannel and I'm getting alot of "fuzzie…

Started by Eclipse Wizard in Luthier Talk

4 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Eclipse Wizard

1927 Gibson A1 snake head - advice needed on color and refinishing

Greetings from England. I've recently bought a 1927 blackface A1 (82390 in the Archive). It's very sound structurally, has a good voice and…

Started by Mike Keen in Luthier Talk

13 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Mike Keen

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service