FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Removing rust from finish

I hope someone can help me with this. I have Fender Jag Stang in for repair. It's mostly in for cleaning, and  some setup. My problem is th…

Started by Justin in Luthier Talk

18 Aug 27, 2010
Reply by Justin

Feel free to take it somewhere else. . .

OK, guys, you know where that thread went. I logged on a bit late today, and was disappointed to see that stuff here.  There's simply no ne…

Started by Frank Ford in Luthier Talk

15 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by Grahame Myers

Serious Problem, Please HELP

So I'm trying to fill a couple of small areas on my cousin's 1933 Gibson L-3 and I used Super Glue, OK, so then I decide to hit it with the…

Started by John Cartwright in Luthier Talk

17 Aug 23, 2010
Reply by John Cartwright

giannini re-fret suggestions

hello all. i acquired a giannini craviola that was almost fretless, from multiple re-dressings. i noticed two things as i easily pulled the…

Started by andy savina in Luthier Talk

4 Aug 23, 2010
Reply by andy savina

Buzz on the A string between 5th and 7th fret

Customer wanted action lowered on a Martin D-35.  Guitar had plenty of saddle to adjust.  I checked the relief was between .010 and .016. …

Started by gary t vischer in Luthier Talk

1 Aug 22, 2010
Reply by Robert "Yukon" Stubblebine

Removing finish under the bridge

The first kit that I built from Stew-Mac said to use paint stripper to remove the finish from the top prior to gluing on the bridge, so I h…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

12 Aug 20, 2010
Reply by Jack Lord

Pickguards-60's flat-tops.

I bought a 60's Epiphone Bard 12-string on eBay at Christmas.Only slight fault was the pickguard was lifting.Took it to my friendly neighbo…

Started by mike carne in Luthier Talk

8 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Chad VanRens

Refretting/adjusting action on acoustic guitar

I'm looking to refret my Alvarez acoustic/electric guitar with larger frets.  I initially thought about switching the bridge with a lower o…

Started by Frank Leffelman in Luthier Talk

2 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Mike Kelly

Yamaki back-bowed neck

I've picked up an early '70s solid-wood Yamaki F-150 acoustic in auction, with a  back-bowed neck.  The truss-rod adjustment is an allen-he…

Started by Ian Barker in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

Anyone have a Taylor Fret Buck for sale?

I would like to get one, but unfortuneately Taylor won't sell them direct. Stew Mac gets enough of my money as it is. If you have one, plea…

Started by Danny Shoemaker in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service