FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rickenbacker bridges

Anyone out there know what metal was used in the individual saddles on Ricky electrics ?..My guess is aluminum, but I could and have been w…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

11 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Super Glue Solvent on Poly finishes

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew the affects of a super glue solvent on polyester finishes? I use a product called super solvent ma…

Started by Eclipse Wizard in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 7, 2010
Reply by Eclipse Wizard

Oops...I've hit a tipping point tinkering with my D-18

Any advice to help me restore the tone to my 1974 D-18 would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have inadvertently tinkered with its inna…

Started by Roger Johnson in Luthier Talk

10 Aug 7, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

fingerboard leveling

Greetings,  I've got a 1962 Gibson Les Paul Custom (3 pickup SG style body) in my shop for some major repair work including a refret.    It…

Started by Gregory Hites in Luthier Talk

16 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Alverez glue used on dovetail

Got an Alverez accoustic thats neck has come loose from it dovetail...I just need to loosen the tongue extension....Did they use real glue,…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

19 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Vic Farrell

Last time, I promise...

We're still taking applications for a guitar repairman here at Chicago Music Exchange where I'm the shop manager (and we're already conside…

Started by Ted Kritikos in Luthier Talk

2 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Ted Kritikos

Kel Kroydon tenor banjo repairs

Well, the tiple turned out really well, my wife's aunt and cousin were very happy with it. Now I have a new task.   My wife's grandmother b…

Started by Mark Pollock in Luthier Talk

6 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

60's Fender Villager 12 string Acoustic Options?

I got this Fender Villager, late 60's 12 string with a bolt on neck. Owner, who bought new' said a 'friend' thought the screws in the plate…

Started by Jerry Ryan in Luthier Talk

19 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Gregory Hites

Truss Rod for Hawaiian Lap Guitar?

I have an old Maui Maid acoustic Hawaiian lap steel guitar. It has a round guitar neck with a vee profile. It came to me without a fretboar…

Started by Russ Morin in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Rory

1st & 6th strings weak

I replaced a bridge on a guitar that I had made using the same under-saddle Fishman pickup (Martin Thinline 332). On the old bridge it work…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

5 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by Jack Lord

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service