FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need Help identifying a Resophonic Tenor Guitar

Ok folks here's the newest challenge…. a wood body,appears to be laminated birch 3 ply, with F holes, Resophonic Tenor guitar…. not a mark…

Started by Joe Adams in Luthier Talk

0 Jul 25, 2010

1920's vega artist banjo restoration

I am restoring a 1920 Vega banjo Artist model and am having trouble finding a tubaphone tone ring that fits.It seems that on some of the ea…

Started by gary schattl in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 25, 2010
Reply by BanjoNeil

Allparts Electric 12 String Bridge - advice?

Model GB-2580-010 - Anyone one have experience with this part?  OR can you recommend good retro-fit 12 String ABR style bridge?  Thanks, To…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 23, 2010
Reply by Tom Krebs

Accelerated play-in / Sonic aging?

I am very interested to know if anyone has experience with ToneRite or Reso-Sound....   ToneRite: LMI product TRG. (rests against the bridg…

Started by STGuitarworks in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 23, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Sources for carbon-fiber neck re-inforcement?

Over the last few days I have been building 6 necks for a next batch of electrics.   I purchased 4 of Stewmac's #4401 carbon fiber re-rods…

Started by STGuitarworks in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

Fabric Softener and Side Bending?

Hi all,I was just watching a video on Youtube of luthier Kim Walker. He recommends putting a little Fabric Softener in the water you use to…

Started by Frank Medina in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by David Houchens

Ebony fretboard refret

I'm working on a 30 year old, ebony fretboard. I have removed 1 fret that was difficult and a bit chippie. I used heat but it still was lik…

Started by Billy Etheridge in Luthier Talk

21 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Howard Klepper

Warwick 5 string broken truss rod.

Hi Guys , I have just had the pleasure of that dreaded "clunk" when the nut shears off the truss rod . Its a Warwick 5 string and lefty as…

Started by Len Biglin in Luthier Talk

16 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Recent Spam attack by "Angel Desmond"

Thanks to those who reported this!  I've dumped that spammer, and all the comments should have been automatically deleted. Ning says they'r…

Started by Frank Ford in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Dave Yelverton

Another guitar, another problem.... top and bridge partialy unglued

Few weeks ago I bougt another Martin replica from ebay. Is an unknown brand - Wotan - but I was tempted by the "made in Japan" and because…

Started by Eugen C in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by nathan clark

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service