FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

'61 to '66 Hummingbird Ceramic saddle - HELP !!!!!!

Hi all, I have two  Gibson Hummingbirds, a '66 and a '61 (really produced in '60 as it has "R" stamped on the dovetail block in front of th…

Started by Jim Testa in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 12, 2010
Reply by Charlie Hoffman

Potentiometer Problem

I have a Les Paul Special on my bench with P100 pickups. The wiring is an unmolested factory harness. Problem: Both pickups selected. The b…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

9 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

Martin Tiple tuning button replacement

Hi folks! Before I get started, a big thanks for all the cool info and posts that I have been reading whilst lurking around here. The willi…

Started by Mark Pollock in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

How is Wenge for a bridge?

I Have some and it seems like it would be good.  How about staining it with fingerboard stain?

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 9, 2010
Reply by David Houchens

Anyone looking for repair work in Chicago?

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum, but I'm the shop manager at Chicago Music Exchange and we're looking to hire an experienced…

Started by Ted Kritikos in Luthier Talk

0 Jul 9, 2010

1st 12fret Dreadnought

I just finished my first 12fret dread. Adirondack top, Madagascar b&s with slotted head stock and waverlys with snakewood buttons. Jack…

Started by David Houchens in Luthier Talk

9 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by David Houchens

Just getting started...

Hello Luthiers, I'm a classical guitar player. I've been thinking about building my own guitars for some time now and recently decided to g…

Started by Louis Odorizzi in Luthier Talk

13 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by Mark Pollock

goudy lacquer

hello everbody,just wondering if anybody has tried goudy`s nitro lacquer?i usually use mohawk instrument lacquer but it is 79.95 a gallon h…

Started by graham high in Luthier Talk

1 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by FRANK

Introduction of East Indian Rosewood to North America: When?

This question is coming up because of an East Indian Rosewood guitar from the late 20s that I was looking at buying. It is for sure not Bra…

Started by Kerry Krishna in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by Kerry Krishna

Schaller FR retrofit

Can anyone help here?   A potential customer has an Ibanez Edge Pro with a clapped-out tremolo. He's heard good reviews of the Schaller and…

Started by Dave Yelverton in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service