FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What to do about bar frets?

So, I have my old department-store guitar (see recent disscussion on locating the bridge; actually, it looks just like an Oahu I recently s…

Started by Rick Homan in Luthier Talk

12 Jul 5, 2010
Reply by Rick Homan

1962 Rodebald Hoyer

I am in Germany for a few months and found a 1962 Rodebald Hoyer Broadway guitar, it is an archtop with a sunburst paint job, lacquer finis…

Started by Bryn Upton in Luthier Talk

10 Jul 4, 2010
Reply by kield

Help with a neck reset

I've got a 1954 Gibson J-185 in my shop right now that needs a neck reset. Badly. I assumed this instrument would have a traditional doveta…

Started by D. Scott Nettleton in Luthier Talk

13 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by D. Scott Nettleton

Neck angle/bridge height on a classical guitar

Hello again   I know that if I put o ruler on the fretboard it has to land just on the bridge. Is this the same for a classical guitar?   I…

Started by Eugen C in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by Tim Mace

curved bone saddle

I have a bone saddle I purchased from stewmac and it is not straight but curved (see photo). Is it possible to heat it up and straighten it…

Started by Lee Gendvilas in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 2, 2010
Reply by FRANK

Sapele pitch leaching out of back and side wood

I've a back and side set of Sapele. It has been leaching out a pitch over the last 5 years or so. Seems to have done it's thing (don't know…

Started by Michael Tulloch in Luthier Talk

8 Jun 30, 2010
Reply by Michael Tulloch

Looking for Taylor repair in Oakland, CA area

I have a Taylor 812C with a few problems that I would like repaired. The problems: bad buzz in the G string, not really in tune up and down…

Started by Doug Asherman in Luthier Talk

5 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Doug Asherman

wondering

i have a hofner flattop and a tennessee archtop any info on these

Started by mac morris in Luthier Talk

3 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Grahame Myers

Top Discoloration - French Polish

I have a French polished engelmann top that shows dark streaks and spots as shown in the photos.  In your experience, is discoloration of t…

Started by Hsiashee in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 27, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

Another neck reset question

Hi everyone!I'm doing a neck reset on a 1964 Martin D18.  Right now, I have the neck off and am trying to carefully cut a slice in between…

Started by Ted Kritikos in Luthier Talk

6 Jun 26, 2010
Reply by Greg Mirken

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service