FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

removing a glued long saddle

Martin HD 28V built 2001 has a glued in set/long/through saddle. I read pappa Frank's article on removing it (to replace it.) Does anyone h…

Started by Lori McAlister in Luthier Talk

14 Jun 25, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

Hi everyone! Problems with acoustic repair

First of all, hi everyone and sorry about my not so correct English... ;) I'm from Spain, and trying to fix something really ugly. Let's…

Started by Manuel Salitre in Luthier Talk

7 Jun 22, 2010
Reply by FRANK

Is anyone familiar with this guitar?

A very nice man I befriended gave this guitar to me and wouldn't accept a payment for it. He did want me to find out the make though, so I…

Started by Matt Haugen in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 22, 2010
Reply by FRANK

12-string bridge buzz

Hi all.  I'm new here so my apologies if this topic has already been discussed.  I have a 12-string with buzzing from the bridge on the B a…

Started by Jim Chelsvig in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 22, 2010
Reply by Jim Chelsvig

WANTED: resonator guitar body in SF Bay Area

What I'm looking for is a spider-bridge resonator guitar body to use for prototyping. If the neck is broken, that's ideal - I am going to r…

Started by Topher Gayle in Luthier Talk

0 Jun 21, 2010

A different way to locate the bridge on a flat-top

One of my students arrived early for his lesson, so I showed him the project on my workbench. I was just at the point of measuring where to…

Started by Rick Homan in Luthier Talk

11 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

ES-175 sinking top- another one

Hi all. I have a newer ES 175 on my bench which has me stumped.The customer brought it on for a set up but right away something looked off.…

Started by Meiron Blackstien in Luthier Talk

4 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Fret buzzing

Hey ya'll!  I recently picked up a Bourgeois DB signature dreadnought.  The guitar sounds great, but on the G string (only), frets V-XII, I…

Started by Richard Krosin in Luthier Talk

12 Jun 19, 2010
Reply by Jeff Highland

Hide Glue

I had a problem with the bridge lifting on the latest guitar that I made. I used Titebond, so i've decide to use hide glue the next time. I…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

9 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Question about neck angle of a new Recording King

I just bought at Elderly Instruments a (wonderful, in my opinion) top of the line Recording King, model 227. It is a copy of a pre-war Mart…

Started by Gerardo Piero Pavone in Luthier Talk

12 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by Gerardo Piero Pavone

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service