FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Archtop neck reset

I have an archtop, probably with a dovetail neck joint, that needs a neck reset. I intend to use the steam method to loosen the neck. I hop…

Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Bob Steinarsson

Weymann Information Please

I have my grandmothers ukulele. It is a Weymann. The wood is extemely thin without much interior support. There is a yellow band around the…

Started by frieda farthing in Luthier Talk

11 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by frieda farthing

Harwood Concert Guitar

I have a Harowood Concert guitar, all rosewood in excellent shape. I bought it about thirty five years ago in Ann Arbor. Does anyone have a…

Started by Herbert Schmuckle in Luthier Talk

7 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Howard Klepper

My page

Since the thread has been pulled, readers may not know, or even care for that matter, that i have decided to leave this forum. One of the m…

Started by daniel c newman in Luthier Talk

0 Jul 21, 2010

Locking Nuts

I have an 80s Charvel Mod 5 with a lever type locking nut; 3 levers that when closed press down on a sloped metal piece to lock the strings…

Started by Jamie Lyles in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Robert May

Finish repair on a Flatiron mandolin

 I have a 1995 flatiron performer A that has several chips in the finish. I am going to attempt to repair them by dropping in lacquer and b…

Started by Mark Ergazos in Luthier Talk

5 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Mark Ergazos

Re-gluing a bridge

Because of a bridge lifting problem, I'm replaceing the bridge with a larger and lower one.  But now I'm left with this condition, a nice s…

Started by Jack Lord in Luthier Talk

13 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Poplar wood - curling direction

I've started using poplar for solid body electrics (Music Man style bass more specifically), and one of the things I've noticed is that the…

Started by Mac Walker in Luthier Talk

14 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by Rob Mercure

Just because, that's why :)

When things get a lil' slow around the shop, I can turn to a few "back-burner" projects that have been sitting in the corner too long.  I'm…

Started by Mike Kolb in Luthier Talk

17 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by Mac Walker

What to do with a Martin C-1?

There is good news and bad news. The good news is it is a 1932 Martin C-1 and I am getting it for free (it's not here yet). The bad news i…

Started by Rick Homan in Luthier Talk

13 Jul 15, 2010
Reply by Russell Vance

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service