FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Martin DX-1 Glue?

Lady brought me a Martin DX-1. The back and top seams are completely blown out from some type of trauma. These have composite back and side…

Started by Tom Krebs in Luthier Talk

7 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Wiring management for guitar electronics question

I'm building my first electric archtop with two humbuckers, a 3-way switch and separate tone and volume pots for each humbucker.  How does…

Started by Richard Smith in Luthier Talk

3 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Richard Smith

Getting started...

Hello, I am sure I am not the first person to ask the following question, but at the risk of being redundant...here goes. I recently starte…

Started by Mike in Luthier Talk

2 Jul 30, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

Glue for binding

I am about to install a new binding on an old Hagstrom Jimmy. I have bought the binding from StewMac. I have tried super glue, but no succe…

Started by Bob Steinarsson in Luthier Talk

3 Jul 30, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Chip Repair on a Gibson Gold Top?

  Hey everyone!  I'm hoping I can get some advice on repairing a major chip out of the top of a Gibson Reissue Gold Top.  I am a Refret guy…

Started by Mark Porter in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Gregg Sprague

I'm finally gonna do it...

...after nine or so years doing repairs, I'm finally going to build a steel string.  I bought Guitarmaking: Tradition and Technology and it…

Started by Ted Kritikos in Luthier Talk

8 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Ned Knepp

3-piece vs 2-piece back?

I'm looking at buying a particular used guitar, which has a 3-piece back.  I understand that this construction method was often used to ena…

Started by Ian Barker in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 27, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Thank you NED

I want to express my Gratitude toward Ned, thank you for going through with sending me a new key board lets hear it for Ned hip hip hurray…

Started by FRANK in Luthier Talk

4 Jul 26, 2010
Reply by David Houchens

Refret question

Hi. I have a Gibson J-45 that I did a refret job on some years ago. I got the advice of a local luthier who walked me through the procedure…

Started by Kurt Gregory in Luthier Talk

20 Jul 25, 2010
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Harmony Sovereign with pegged dovetail

This is an old Sovereign Jumbo I picked up on E-bay.  When it arrived and I looked it over I could see it had had some work - many crack re…

Started by Richard L Johnson in Luthier Talk

6 Jul 25, 2010
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service