FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'binding' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question About Celluloid Binding

A customer brought in an early 70's Gibson that needs "tortoise shell" binding work - is it possible to re amalgamate the stuff with MEK or…

Started by Carl Mesrobian

13 Apr 16, 2015
Reply by Carl Mesrobian

HELP! Binding!

Hello fellow luthiers! I have a serious problem, I need to do the binding part in a couple of guitars I'm building by commission but I neve…

Started by Alvaro Balderrama Chiappe

2 Jan 10, 2015
Reply by George Roberts

Weld-on glue VS. Titebond

Hey All, I was wondering if you can help through something. I'm doing a complete re-bind on an Old Country Gent. I've done a handful of the…

Started by Steve Baker

5 Sep 20, 2014
Reply by Jon Hiltbrand

advice needed for multi layer binding

I have a great raw lightweight Tele body that I want to put a 3 layer perloid-black-perloid binding on. Top and back side... I have a drem…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

5 Jan 12, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Alternative to Weld-on #16?

Weld-on 16 seems to be the weapon of choice for fixing plastic binding, but I can't get it over here and Stewmac etc. can't ship it.  Tried…

Started by Ian Barker

10 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Ian Barker

Binding tool preference

This past summer my wife and I spent some time making storage in the garage and rearranging stuff.  This gave me another 4' width to the "s…

Started by Doug T

6 Jan 29, 2011
Reply by Doug T

Loose abs binding

I've got an '83 Martin in with loose binding at the waist. It was loose at the lower bout, I used thick viscosity superglue (Special T from…

Started by STGuitarworks

5 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by R.J. Fulton

Suggestions for a laminate router for universal binding jig?

I've decided to bite the bullet and get a universal binding jig, like Stew-Mac's. Any suggestions on a good laminate router that would fit,…

Started by Larry Schultz

4 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Repairing Vintage Gretsch Binding

For all the pros out there, How do you handle the vintage Gretsch that arrives in your shop with crumbling binding? We've taken various app…

Started by Steve Baker

0 Nov 19, 2009

Binding F Holes

So we're refinishing an old ES 355 (for good reason, don't worry,) and the customer figures as long as the finish is off and he's already s…

Started by Steve Baker

7 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service