FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'glue' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Closing of cracks

Dear luthiers I have a question about repairing cracks in flat tops. I have read what I have found about this topic in this forum, but I ha…

Started by Bob Steinarsson

6 Jun 6, 2020
Reply by Roger Häggström

CA glue darkens wood..

So, I tried my first attempt at drop filling a chip in a spruce top with CA glue. Not so good... The CA darkens the wood so that it is very…

Started by Palle Clausen

6 Dec 19, 2017
Reply by Palle Clausen

Stick Glue - Neck Reset

A friend of mine who happens to be blind asked me to adjust his old Alvarez.  The action was pretty high and the saddle was almost depleted…

Started by E Michael Johnson

3 Feb 24, 2016
Reply by Matt Dreher

Frank Ford's Adhesive Use Chart

I'm a hide glue novice and wanted to ask why (according to the Frank's glue chart)  PVA glue would be preferred for back braces but hide gl…

Started by Craig Walsh

5 Nov 1, 2015
Reply by eliya

Weld-on glue VS. Titebond

Hey All, I was wondering if you can help through something. I'm doing a complete re-bind on an Old Country Gent. I've done a handful of the…

Started by Steve Baker

5 Sep 20, 2014
Reply by Jon Hiltbrand

Superglue wicking on Fretboard

I used superglue on the ends of the frets I installed on a curley maple fretboard.  Any way to remove? Would HHG have been a better idea?

Started by Ron Daves

28 May 29, 2014
Reply by Ron Daves

White glue for top cracks and cleats?

So, I am a hide glue adherent. (See what I did there?) My buddy who has roughly 50 years of experience repairing instruments strongly sugg…

Started by Mark Pollock

3 May 7, 2014
Reply by Ned Knepp

Hot Hide Glue vs. cold glues

I'm almost ready with my shop to have to do the first glue applications. I was wondering what you guys favor, hot hide glue or cold glues?…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

11 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Glue choice for regluing celluloid bindings on 1970s Vega dread repair?

I'm back to work on this 1970s Vega dread that I put on the back burner for a while (I bought this guitar cheap to fix up and resell, so th…

Started by Todd Rose

5 Jan 19, 2014
Reply by Todd Rose

SG jr. hide glue or yellow for neck set?

I'm building an SG jr. kit,mahogany, and I'm planning on setting the neck with hide glue. What are your thoughts?

Started by Ken Desiata

5 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service