FRETS.NET

Forum Discussions (4,424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gluing in truss rod?

I'm currently unsure as to the question of gluing (epoxy or...) in the truss rod. Either the single or the double acting units. I've asked…

Started by Michael Tulloch in Luthier Talk

11 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by Michael Tulloch

Problem with choice of Fret Wire

Hey guyz...Quick introduction:- I'm Mark from Kent, southern England, and I'm a Bassist of some 30 years. I now mainly Studio Record (PC ba…

Started by Mark Rowles in Luthier Talk

0 Sep 19, 2010

Communist Fender Precision copy!

Got something interesting in the shop at the moment, a Marlin Grabber Bass, like the thread title says a fender copy made in old east Germa…

Started by Grahame Myers in Luthier Talk

4 Sep 18, 2010
Reply by Howard Klepper

Hofner 12 string. Needs new strings.

Hi, I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for my question.  I have a 1983 Hofner 12-string that I converted to 6-string  because of difficu…

Started by Gibs Fan in Luthier Talk

5 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by Tim Mace

Medium for pigments when doing touchup

Hi all,I have question about powdered pigments when doing color touchups. I know i can use acetone to dissolve my pigments when using epoxy…

Started by Justin in Luthier Talk

4 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by Justin

chips in finish 2009 fender p bass

My p bass took a tumble and now has two chips taken out of the finish (see photo). I would appreciate some help in how to fix it. I have no…

Started by Lee Gendvilas in Luthier Talk

4 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Dealing with low frets on a fret dress

 A trick I've been using on some fret dressing jobs....You're leveling the frets, and find a 2 or 3 fret dip, or a couple fret ends too low…

Started by thefishinmusician in Luthier Talk

0 Sep 15, 2010

Vintage Les Paul Jr. - Action over pickup

We've had a few old LP Jr's come through in the last couple of years and have been noticing a pattern of the strings sitting too close to t…

Started by Steve Baker in Luthier Talk

16 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by thefishinmusician

Buzz on D string

I got another one.  Eastman acoustic, 12-54 strings.  Customer wants lower action, fingerpicker.  I got it to 2/32 at the 12th, had to do a…

Started by Christian Johnson in Luthier Talk

16 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by thefishinmusician

Question on the old Gibson L-00 and L-1 series

I hope to build a 1920's L-1 replica for my next guitar project.However, I can only find the GAL 1920's L-0 plan and the GAL/MIMF 1920's L-…

Started by Matthew Lau in Luthier Talk

8 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by John Evans

RSS

© 2026   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service