FRETS.NET

Any leads for Forum members? 

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, Kerry, you win the Kay Kraft heat!

Here is the Fretboard Journal submission pic: 

Kerry when I worked at Art White music in the early 80's he had a hot stamp press for doing picks. You had to put a pick under the hot stamp and then push a button that would bring this hot metal die down with a lot of force and push gold foil into the impression it made on the pick. It was ridiculously dangerous and after a few workers comp claims only Art was allowed to use it....

I would have to say John it still would be nice to own a press that would do that kind of headstock work. But i am shure that the cost of the machinery for the printing and press would be to expensive for us poor Luthiers.Bill...............

It was just a hydraulic press and a heated die (like a rubber stamp but metal) if you could make the die you might be able to use an arbor press. The danger was in doing a 1000 picks and hand feeding them in.

No need to buy the machinery. I would bet there is a printing service out there that can do it for you. They want pay for that machine.

btw - Cool photo Kerry!

Ya but its the Die that would cost the money. They want $115.oo for one with two lines at LeeValley.Bill..........

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service